Entertainment / Sports
Cruise Programme Administrator
CPA collaborates with the Cruise Director to co-ordinate the daily administration required for the Cruise Director’s Team. They work closely with the heads of department for the smooth running of activities and events shipboard. Assistance with activities such as Bingo, administrative duties concerning guest programmes, coordinating and attending meetings, minute taking, good understanding of spreadsheets and budgets are all part of the CPA role. Wedding Event planning experience is a bonus as the CPA organises the Weddings on board ship. Contract lengths are 6 months & 3 weeks continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
- 2 – 3 years administrative experience
- Event planning and strong customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of internet, software packages, power point and spreadsheets essential
- Degree in Business administration or equivalent preferred
- Typing skills 50 words per minute
Cruise Staff/Activities Host interact with guests through unique and exciting cruise activities. They are responsible for hosting and delivering the entertainment programme to the guests on board the ship ensuring their cruise experience is fun, entertaining and memorable. Cruise staff serve as master of ceremonies to inform and entertain small and large groups of guests hosting events such as sports tournaments, bingo, quizzes, game shows and karaoke. Cruise staff assist with embarkation and debarkation procedures. Talented crew members may be asked to host their own events using their personal skills such as line dancing, reggae dancing, singing, circus skills, zumba etc. Contract lengths are 6 months & 3 weeks continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
- Relevant degree or qualifications in performing arts or equivalent
- Microphone experience/Master of Ceremonies in a high profile resort, theatre, dance, cruise line setting
- Ability to coordinate and provide instruction for basic recreational activity classes for large groups and/or individual sessions
- Support the production show team by operating follow spot and assist with basic A/V equipment
- Excellent customer service skills/ Language skills are a bonus
- Friendly, Outgoing nature along with excellent planning skills
As Disc Jockey you will be assisting the Cruise Director with multiple activities whilst operating and maintaining audio, video and lighting equipment to produce a mixture of dance music. You need to mix several styles of popular music and create playlists for a variety of shipboard activities such as pool games, bingo and game shows. DJ’s are part of the Cruise Entertainment team and duties include hosting cocktail parties, theme nights, bingo, horse racing etc. You will be required to engage in conversations with guests at different events during the cruise, which will include meet and greet duties before and after show times in the main theatre, the Captain’s Cocktail and Guest Repeater’s Parties. Contract lengths are 6 months & 3 weeks continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
- Professional DJ experience
- Master of ceremonies or professional entertainment experience preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of variety of music such as pop, dance, Latin, 70s disco, reggae, R&B, hip hop, country, and classic rock
- Must have ability to operate and maintain a variety of music audio equipment
- DJ’s are responsible for storage and inventory of all music libraries
Dive Instructors coordinate and promote the SeaTrek program on board the vessel, on the islands, and in the various shore excursions. He/she arranges and conducts PADI scuba diving courses – both classroom and in the pool – according to PADI regulations and guidelines. Dive Instructors provide guided tours and instructions to guests, and promote equipment rentals during scuba diving and snorkelling excursions. Candidates must have PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification (minimum of 50 certifications required); as well as CPR and lifesaving certifications from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organisations. Contract lengths are 6 months & 3 weeks continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
Sports Staff are part of an energetic, dynamic team who are responsible for ensuring that all guests get the opportunity to take part in some of the most thrilling recreational activities at sea. The Sports team organise and plan active sports sessions and outdoor recreational activities and engage guests in fun and dynamic themed parties. Contract lengths are 6 months & 3 weeks continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
- One year experience in physical fitness/coaching/sports instruction background within a sports facility or resort
- Sports/Fitness/Health Education Degree or Diploma
- Ability to coordinate and instruct recreational sports and activities for large groups and/or individual sessions
- Ability to provide one-on-one rock climbing wall instruction. Rock climbing (manual belay) certification preferred
- Knowledge of the rules of basketball, volleyball, golf, ping-pong, shuffle board, etc
- Master of Ceremonies experience preferred
- Passion for working with people of all ages
- Outgoing Team player with a positive attitude
- Energetic/professional character
Youth Staff are responsible for ensuring the youngest guests on board enjoy their cruise whilst ensuring they are in a safe but fun environment . You will be part of an energetic and dynamic team who provide a variety of activities for children up to the age of 17 delivering a wide variety of activities. Candidates who enjoy activities such as drama, sports and arts and crafts will be encouraged to share their ideas with the youth staff team. Contract lengths are 5 months continuous employment followed by a 6-8 week work break on completion of contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited university
- Experience working in a school, camp or youth group preferred
- 2 years experience working with large groups of children ages 6 months – 17 years
- Outgoing energetic team player with professional demeanour
- Positive attitude with a passion for working with children and teenagers; ability to act as a role model for children exercising leadership, friendliness, sportsmanship and good judgement
You’ll need to have a minimum of one years’ work experience relative to the position you are applying for. You’ll also need a passport valid for at least one year and a pre-employment medical before joining a ship at your own expense. All crew members need to agree to the company conducting a criminal background check prior to boarding.